Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Armani Lip Maestro in 501 and 502 First Impressions +

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is okay after Hurricane Sandy. I'm not at home with all of my makeup, but I am safe with power. Thank you to all who had asked how I'm doing since right now I am in a location where I can walk to most places, whereas had I been stuck at my regular residence, I would have access to almost nothing. 

Given my circumstances, I can only really give a small review on the new Armani Lip Maestro and my first impressions of them.

Packaging: I don't like the new Armani red cap packaging. They're like the Gloss d'Armani, except the Lip Maestros have a red cap, which I feel is a bit tacky looking. I do wish they had like another color lid, like gunmetal or something. 

Formula: They remind me of the new Guerlain liquid lipsticks in terms of slip (when swatched on my arms). They have slip, and when applied on the lips, it can be patted on like a stain, or full on velvet like lipstick. Once set, there's no slip like a standard lipstick. No shimmer in any of the ones I've swatched so far.  They're not sticky at all and the color selection is pretty good, but the colors I've seen are bold and vibrant colors.

What I can say is that they do last at least 3 hours, but the downside to them (from the couple of times I've worn them), is that they don't fade as nicely as I'd like, plus they're not as long lasting as I'd had hoped. 

I will say that I do like the formula since it clings on like a stain, and aren't drying on the lips like the Hourglass liquid lipsticks. I do think those with dry lips will need a bit of balm before applying the lip maestro. When you do wear it, there's also a bit of transfer if you apply it with the doe foot, but if u pat it on like a stain (using fingers or rubbing it in with a lip brush, there's minimal to almost no transfer).

I'll do a better review or maybe an update once I've worn them for a few more days, but I hope you enjoy the swatches.

In the meantime I need to figure out how to get some of my clothes...since the trains are down and I need some clothes. 

Price and Size: Price it's either $28 or $30. for the life of me I can't find my receipt. The size is 6.5 ml or 0.22 fl. oz

Onto the pics


501 on left, 502 on right

501 on top, 502 on bottom
(this pic is color accurate)

4 comments:

  1. Wow you are right the red cap is pretty tacky looking. Shame. I wonder why on earth they did that?
    So happy you're doing OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they did it so people won't confuse them with the gloss d'armani glosses

      Delete
  2. Aw glad to hear you're okay!! :)

    And these are GORGEOUS! I agree with you on the packaging. It seems very...loud and strange coming from a brand that normally does such beautiful and simply chic packaging. But I guess it's what's inside that counts?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reviewing these! I can't imagine it has been easy for you this last week. I hate the red caps but have been lemming these something fierce. Stay safe. --daseined

    ReplyDelete