Sunday, June 17, 2012

Summer Favorites:


Summer is definitely here in NYC to some extent...warmer weather is approaching, but at times it's a bit cooler than normal. Humidity hasn't been in full force (yet). I'm loving the nicer weather. 

When comes nice weather, I do like to experiment playing with warmer colors. You normally wouldn't catch me dead in warm pinks...but I'm always trying to venture outside the box. :)

As of late, these are the items I've been reaching for lately:

Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Celestial Powder: a gorgeous, finely milled highlighter. As much as I do love my liquid highlighters, I've been reaching for this since it's so subtle, yet it has the perfect sheen and nuances when the sun hits your face. It's not in your face sheen, the sheen only shows up when your face hits a certain angle in the light, as how a highlighter should be. Perfect year round if you ask me.

Ellis Faas Skin Veil: I love this foundation, but I only wear it when I'm out at night when I want more coverage. I'm shade 103.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle (Chestnut): it's a light weight foundation that I've been wearing almost everyday. It's a satin finish, that looks like your skin but better. This is going to replace my Chantecaille Future Skin. As much as I love Future Skin, the lasting power is a bit short, plus they don't have the right shade for me. I'm thrilled to find a foundation that literally looks like your skin but better, and that it's an awesome match. Of course nothing beats RBRs luxe packaging.

Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50: With the sun being out in full force, plus using glycolic acid in my skincare regimen, I need something to protect my face from the UV rays. I like the high SPF and it's a very thin liquid formula, but the downside is that it takes a while to make the white cast to go away. When I'm more oily, the white cast disappears instantly though. Their SPF 45 is a heavy cream formula, but the upside is that the white cast goes away instantly. When I run out of this, I'll be going back to the SPF 45 formula (plus it's water and sweat resistant).

By Terry Bronze Expert Sheer Cream Blush in #1 -- Copper Sand: It's a really warm terracotta pink, but it looks terracotta in color when just used alone. When used in conjunction with liquid or cream bronzer, the pink really stands out and is a soft warm pink. It's really a unique shade that I own, and it just screams summer. Sadly, this item is discontinued, which is why I never got around to reviewing it.

Le Metier de Beaute Cebu Lip Creme: This was a Neimans Exclusive at Tysons Galleria in Virginia. I was in town when Pink Sith reviewed this little gem. I drove on over and picked it up. Gorgeous warm pink shade with gold sparkle. This is what NARS Orgasm lipgloss wishes she was. For those of you who missed out on this shade, you can mix Fraise lipcreme with Vanilla Rose and they look extremely similar.

By Terry Laque de Rose in #5 (Infernal Rose): This shade is my alpha and omega...this is the shade I've been looking for...for many years. I was convinced that me and corals would never coexist. I thought that corals hated me since my skintone was odd...and then she came...it was love at first sight. It's electric in the tube, and a miracle on the lips. Of course the downside for some people is the strong By Terry rose scent. The formula is divine since it hydrates my lips, but the lasting power is a bit short. Not surprised, but I don't mind reapplying the color. It's a beautiful mid tone coral, but pack on the gloss and it's definitely vibrant. sigh. It's a recent acquistion, but a staple now given that it's summer time.


Le Metier de Beaute Bella Bronze liquid bronzer: this is my favorite liquid bronzer. Beautiful golden sheen on my arms, neck, face. I can see this not being liked by some people since it has peanut oil (I know it's a common allergy). The bottle on the left is the original formula, the new bottle on the right (silver and clear), is the one that is with a GWP at Neimans and Bergdorfs recently. I'm a bit upset that the new formula isn't the exact same as the original. The new one is a bit darker and brown, whereas the original is more golden. For those who missed out, check out Rouge Bunny Rouge Bronzing Liquid

Becca Beach Tint in Guava: gorgeous warm peachy pink that lasts all day on your face as a blush, or a nice stain on your lips. This is the item that inspired me to wear warmer colors. I'm looking foward to Becca's upcoming beach tints.

Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint in Tenne: a cool based pink-brown cream blush, for those days when I want to be a bit more netural and not have all warm colors on my face...I can see this being a soft blush shade or a slight contour.

Photos: !

Cebu, Infernal Rose #5, Gold Digger, Guava, Copper Sand, Tenne, Bella Bronze original, Bella Bronze current

in the photo below u can see the difference between the 2 Bella Bronze a bit better.
Cebu, Infernal Rose #5, Gold Digger, Guava, Copper Sand, Tenne, Bella Bronze original, Bella Bronze current



12 comments:

  1. Mmmm Infernal Rose looks absolutely magnificent!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it pretty? :D it's an awesome coral shade. i finally have one !! <3 <3 !! i feel cool now lol

      Delete
  2. internal rose is so pretty, I have to take a look at this colour, so far my fav bT is gloss delectation #8 *nom nom*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reviewed Gloss Delection #8 here: http://theblackpanties.blogspot.com/2011/05/by-terry-gloss-delectation-8.html !!!! gloss twins for the win !!

      Gloss delectation is more of an orange red in comparison to Infernal Rose. Infernal Rose is a true coral. its more pink and the formula is lighter weight in comparison to the delectation formula. Plus the rose scent isn't as strong in the laque de rose formula.

      Delete
  3. Infernal Rose is gorgeous! I can see why you have dubbed it your alpha & omega! So many corals lean to the orange side but this one looks very well balanced. But why do companies insist on adding fragrance? I can tolerate some fragrance but not much.
    On a more technical note - you take nice swatch pics. Your pics are evenly lit & your arm isn't tilting away from the camera making it difficult to make out the swatches at the end of your arm! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. companies want to make a signature for themselves in my opinion (in terms of making a specific fragrance in their cosmetics).

      and thank you for the positive feedback. let me know if there's anything else I can do to make the blog better, as I am always trying to improve.

      Delete
  4. I really love your taste in makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, i really do appreciate your compliment :) <3

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tip on how to make your own LMdB Cebu Lip Creme for those of us who missed out on this LE. I don't feel so left out now.

    Also appreciate your excellent swatch photos and explanations of why you select what you do. They are very helpful.

    I have not purchased powder highlighter as they seemed too obvious in comparison to liquid, but may try the KA now that I see your recommendation and also just got his contour powder which is very natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. it's a pretty shade but don't feel left out since it's a dupeable shade by mixing vanilla rose with fraise.

      2. thank you :)

      3. you can see how it looks on the skin in a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxFKX2zxL3g read about the 8:55 mark.

      or you can watch makeupneversleeps (LOVE HER) at the 16:30 mark for her review on it as well seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OaRo8OAnqE

      they're both very fair so u can see it's a versatile item.

      hope that helps.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the you tube videos and especially the time to check in as both are very long. I had a $10 coupon on Beauty.com which expires soon so got my KA Celestial powder! Thanks again and have a great week!

      Delete
  6. For a replacement sunscreen you might consider SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion (also SPF50). It has a light skin colored tint that blends in more easily than the white version and is loaded with the same good physical sunscreens.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete