Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cle de Peau extra silky lipstick in Pink Opal #130 +


It's about that time that I revisited Cle de Peau. Once upon a time yours truly had a Cle de Peau extra silky in #111, but my mom claimed it. I never bothered to buy another one because of other things I wanted at the time...until now.

Design: It's a long, slim tube that's somewhat similar to Dior's Serum de Rogue, in where you twist the bottom so that the lipstick pushes up. My gripe with this is that you can twist up, but not twist down. Granted it takes a few clicks for the lipstick to push up a good amount, but it's still something to be noted. 


Formula: It's like a lipgloss and lipstick in one. To me, they're definitely more on the gloss side. Or better yet, they're like a lipgloss in lipstick form. They're weightless in feel, and the texture is so beautiful on your lips. If you're a person who likes Chantecaille lipchics, but a bit more slip and more lightweight in formula, then the extra silky lipsticks are designed for you. I will say since they're are very glossy in feel, the lasting power isn't as long as your standard lipstick, but the formula totally makes up for it. I will advise because of the softness of this lipstick, do NOT leave it in your car on a warm day, let alone hot. I can see this melting pretty easily. 


Color: So apparently the name is pink opal, but the color is nothing pink whatsoever. But then whenever does the name of the lip item actually represent the actual color? I would consider it a darker peach color. When I saw it in the tube, I didn't think it would cover my pigmented lips, plus the formula you would think it's sheer. Of course, this color definitely shows up true to color on my lips. wooohoo !


Price and size: $52 for .07 oz or 2 grams.




From left to right:


Dior Tokyo
Cle de Peau #130
Chantecaille Camellia


*with flash






From left to right:




Dior Tokyo
Cle de Peau #130
Chantecaille Camellia

*without flash









               
 Is this a must have? The color itself may not be something *unique*, but the formula is definitely awesome and underrated. I want a couple more. yum.



6 comments:

  1. I've yet to try one of these. You're making me feel like I *need* to :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, we are h/e l/s hoors...i think we all need to try luxury end l/s at one point or another. the lasting power isn't that great because it's really glossy, but it surely does feel nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok so I swatched this on my hand yesterday while in neimans...OMG! it feels so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you have any lip swatches we could see?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No. Reason being because my lips are very pigmented so how it would look me is not the same as how it would look on most people. plus I'm not generally for lip photos.

    ReplyDelete